Accelerate the use of reusable products. Reduce the use of single use plastics. Keep our oceans and coastlines plastic free for future generations.
At Ecoset we are committed to helping keep our coasts clean and plastic free for future generations. With each purchase of one of our water bottles, mugs or tumblers we donate a percentage to www.cleancoasts.org. Our donation will be made directly to the Clean Coasts grant scheme. Clean Coasts volunteer groups will be able to apply to this scheme for kit or support for local projects through this grant every year. The Clean Coasts programme works with communities to help protect and care for Ireland’s waterways, coastline, seas, ocean and marine life.
Clean Coasts are creating a tangible immediate improvement on Ireland’s coastal environment through
- Organising 100's of beach clean-ups each year
- Mobilising thousands of volunteers to remove large quantities of marine litter from our coastline.
- Promoting and facilitating coastal clean-ups and marine litter surveys
Did you know?
- Around 22 million plastic bottles are purchased in Ireland each week. That’s roughly 5 bottles per person per week
- 8 million tonnes of plastic are thrown into the ocean annually
- The average time for a plastic bottle to break down is at least 450 years, however it only breaks down into microplastics and never fully disappears
- 1 million sea birds and 100,000 marine mammals are killed annually from plastic in our oceans
Take away Cups:
- There is an estimated 2 million disposable coffee cups used every day in Ireland and all end up going into a landfill
- This works out at 22,000 cups every hour or 366 every minute
- Take away cups are lined with plastic polyethylene which is not recyclable
Find out more about this great organisation and the fantastic work they do here.